City of Sikeston COVID-19 Response
NOTE: As updates occur, all changes will be posted on the City’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/SikestonMO/) and also on our website (https://www.sikeston.org/news_detail_T70_R345.php)
The City of Sikeston continues to monitor authoritative sources for Coronavirus, or COVID-19, information. The City encourages residents with questions about COVID-19 to rely on trusted primary sources for accurate, up to date guidance, such as the Centers for Disease Control (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) and the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (https://health.mo.gov/). MDHSS has activated a 24 hour statewide public hotline for citizens or providers needing guidance regarding COVID-19, which can be reached at (877) 435-8411.
At this time the City has taken the following steps to respond to COVID-19 and current CDC guidance on disease prevention:
- City Hall remains open, but the City encourages residents to call first before coming in to pay taxes and fines, apply for permits, or ask questions. In many cases permit applications can be found online and submitted by mail, payments can be made online or by phone, and questions can be answered without any unnecessary person-to-person contact. Information can be found at the following locations:
- For general reporting of issues: https://www.sikeston.org/contact_us_online_form.php
- For municipal court issues: https://www.sikeston.org/departments/municipal_court/index.php
- For City licenses and taxes: https://www.sikeston.org/departments/administrative_services/city_collector2/index.php
- For building permits: https://www.sikeston.org/departments/public_works/code_enforcement/index.php
- For other questions, or if you don’t know who to contact with your issue, please call (573) 471-2512.
*Municipal Court operations are suspended through at least April 3 (see next section below for more information regarding municipal court).
*At City facilities we are following best practices recommended by health authorities, including frequent hand washing, hand sanitizing, and regular cleaning of surfaces to minimize the sharing of germs.
*The City is currently assessing other operations and events for opportunities to limit person-to-person contact.
Municipal Court operations are suspended through at least April 3:
*The Supreme Court of Missouri has suspended all in-person proceedings in municipal division court, subject to certain exceptions. The suspension will last from Tuesday, March 17, 2020, through Friday, April 3, 2020, and may be extended by order of this Court as circumstances may warrant.
*The Sikeston Municipal Court is urging all defendants with citations with a court date of March 26th thru April 9th to contact the court to see if their citation is payable. The court office phone number is (573) 475-3705. Business hours Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Municipal Court website is located on www.sikeston.org under the “Departments” tab to pay online. During this suspension, please feel free to contact our office.
*Trials for March 26th have been postponed indefinitely.