What you CAN do:
Great American Takout! Tuesday, March 24
A coalition of national and regional eateries is backing a new campaign called theGreat American Takeout in a bid to support the struggling restaurant industry, by encouraging Americans to take-out for at least 1 meal on Tuesday.
- You can post on social media in advance of the event at #thegreatamericantakeout to encourage participation, and to continue supporting local restaurants and industry employees by ordering takeout regularly in future.
- Be sure to follow the Sikeston Chamber’s FB Group for local menus and up-to-date information on business hours or changes.
The Surgeon General, Dr. Jerome Adams is encouraging those who are not displaying any symptoms to give blood saying, “Social distancing does not have to mean social disengagement.”
- March 24 (3p-7p) – St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church Parish Center, 245 West Front Street
- April 1 (11a – 4p) – Spread Hope Now, 915 South Kingshighway
- The Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry has information on assistance through the SBA as they approved Missouri’s COVID-19 disaster declaration, meaning assistance is now available for struggling small businesses across the state. Here you will more information on SBA loans and resources through the MO Chamber.
- The Missouri Chamber also has a 25-minute webinar where three employment law attorneys walk employers through practical information about COVID-19.
- The Missouri Department of Economic Development is offering a Webinar Series: Online Business Development Tools for a Coronoavirus Age. Find out more information or register.